. 2 cups rice flour
. Onion Paste - 1/2 cup
. Melted butter - 1 tbsp
. Soaked channa dal - 1/2 cup
. Fried groundnuts - 1/4 cup
. Curry leaves
. Seseme seeds - 1 tbsp
. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
. Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
. Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
. Red chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
. Salt - 2 tbsp
. Warm water for mixing
. oil for deep frying
1) Add all the above ingredients except oil.
2) Heat oil in wide heavy bottomed vessel for deep frying. Take a small lemon sized ball of the dough, place on an oiled plastic sheet.
3) Using your fingers/ poori presser shape to form a circle.
4) Once the oil is hot, slowly peel the shaped chekkalu off the plastic sheet and slide into the hot oil.
5) Frying has to be done on medium flame to achieve that golden color and crispness.Fry a batch of 1- 2 chekkalu at a time.
6) Remove once they turn to golden colour.
Tasty Andhra Style Pappu Chekkalu/ Thattai / Rice Crackers are ready..