Homemade food is always best for the baby
Carrot puree and wheat porridge can be given to babies of 6 months old. Give the same recipe for 3 days to test the food tolerance. Gradually increase the quantity and thickness. Try not to add sugar/salt in babies food.
These recipes have its own flavour, hence sweeteners/salt not required.
Ideal to feed them these purees as breakfast or dinner.
Select a nice fresh carrots.
- Clean them well and steam it or boil it for about 15 mins.
- Cool it and then grind it to a nice puree by adding water.
- Serve fresh.
Dalia - 3 table spoons
Pasturised milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 cup
- Pressure cook Dalia by adding water for 3 whistles and simmer for 5 mins
- Grind it as a puree by adding 1/4 cup of milk.
- Transfer it to a pan and add 1/4 cup milk and mix well.
- Cook for 10 mins in a low flame or till you get a desire consistency.
- Serve warm.