Ingredients(for 10 cupcakes):
. All purpose flour(Maida) - 2 cups
. Sugar - 1 cup
. Cocoa Powder - 2tbsp
. Milk - 1/2 cup
. Eggs - 2 No's
. Unsalted Butter at room temperature- 1/2 cup
. Baking powder - 1 tbsp
. Baking soda a pinch
. Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp
. Vanilla essence - 2 tbsp
. Chopped almonds - 2 tbsp
. Chopped cashew nuts
1) Mix Sugar and unsalted butter until sugar melts completely.
2) Beat eggs in the above mixture and mix until light and fluffy.
3) Add vanilla essence, milk, baking soda, baking powder and mix well.
4) Now add all purpose flour little by little and mix the batter very well.
5) Add lemon juice to retain the flavor of vanilla essence.( adding too much lemon juice will turn vanilla cup cakes to lemon cupcakes)
6) Take 1/2 of the batter into a separate bowl and add cocoa powder to the batter and mix well (add milk if required).
7) Pour 1 spoon of the plain batter to the center cup cake mould (use 2 separate small spoons).
8) Pour 1 spoon of the batter mixed with cocoa powder exactly on on the top of the layer plain batter.
9) Repeat steps 7 and 8 till the mould is full.
10) Pre-heat oven to 180C.
11) Garnish with chopped almonds or chopped cashew nuts . Now bake for about 20 minutes or till done.
Yummy yummy Zebra cupcakes are ready to serve..