. 1 cup - Split (Yellow) Moong dal
. 1/2 cup Ghee
. 3/4 cups Sugar
. 1/2 cup Milk
. 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1) Dry roast the moong dal till aromatic and lightly golden and then soak it in water for about 5 hrs and grind to a paste.
2) Take a Non stick pan. Heat 1/4 cups of ghee and add the dal paste and stir continuously.
3) Keep the heat at the lowest and keep stirring for every 5 mins till dhal becomes thick.Add the rest of the ghee and cook the dhal until aromatic and the ghee starts oozing out.
4) Meanwhile mix the sugar with milk and cardamom powder in a pan and bring to a boil.Add this slowly to the cooking dhal.
5) Keep the heat low at all times and break lumps if formed while adding the sugar and water/ milk mix.
6) Cook until the ghee surfaces and halwah gets a shiny creamy texture.
It took 2 hrs of time just for stirring...but at last delicious super yummy sweet is ready to serve...