Ingredients(for 10 cupcakes):
. All purpose flour(Maida) - 2 cups
. Sugar - 1 cup
. Milk - 1/2 cup
. Eggs - 2 No's
. Unsalted Butter at room temperature- 1/2 cup
. Baking powder - 1 tbsp
. Baking soda a pinch
. Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp
. Vanilla essence - 2 tbsp
. Chopped almonds - 2 tbsp
. Chopped cashew nuts
1) Mix Sugar and unsalted butter until sugar melts completely.
2) Beat eggs in the above mixture and mix until light and fluffy.
3) Add vanilla essence, milk, baking soda, baking powder and mix well.
4) Now add all purpose flour little by little and mix the batter very well.
5) Add lemon juice to retain the flavor of vanilla essence.( adding too much lemon juice will turn vanilla cup cakes to lemon cupcakes)
6) Pre-heat oven to 180C.
7) Pour the batter in to cupcake moulds and garnish with chopped almonds or chopped cashew nuts. Now bake for about 20 minutes or till done.
Yummy vanilla cup cakes are ready to serve...