. 1 cup rice flour
. 1 cup water
. 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
. salt to taste
. 1 tbsp cumin seeds
. 1 1/2 tbsp channa dal (soak in water for an hour and drain)
. 1 1/2 tbsp roasted peanuts
. Curry leaves - 2 stems
. oil for deep frying
1) Add all the above ingredients except oil.
2) Heat a oil in wide heavy bottomed vessel for deep frying. Take a small lemon sized ball of the dough, place on an oiled plastic sheet.
3) Using your fingers shape to form a circle.
4) Once the oil is hot, slowly peel the shaped chekkalu off the plastic sheet and slide into the hot oil.
5) Frying has to be done on medium flame to achieve that golden color and crispness.Fry a batch of 5-8 chekkalu at a time.
6) Remove once they turn to golden colour.
Tasty tasty Pappu chakkalu recipe is ready to serve...