. Plantain (Raw Banana) : 1
. Coriander seeds : 2 tsp
. Urad Dal : 1 tsp
. Dry Red Chillies : 8
. Tamarind : small gooseberry size
. Mustard Seeds : 1/4 tsp
. Chana dal : 1/4 tsp
. A pinch of hing
. Few curry leaves
. Salt to taste
1) Soak the tamarind in water and set aside. Coat the plantain with oil and place the plantain directly on the stove flame.
2) Roast the plantains, until they are black. When the plantains turn black, remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
3) Peel the plantain and cut into pieces. Keep them aside. Heat 2 tea spoons of oil in frying fan.
4) Add and fry the coriander seeds and urad dal to light brown color. Now add the red chillies and let them fry for another few minutes.
5) Take it out from the pan and allow it to cool. grind the roasted spices into fine powder. Then add the roasted plantains, soaked tamarind and salt to it.
6) Grind into a paste using a little water. Heat one table spoon of oil in pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and chana dal and let them splutter. When the seeds stop popping, add the curry leaves and hing. Stir for another few minutes and turn off the flame. Add this popu / tadka to the chutney and mix well.
This is a bookmarked recipe from Indian cuisine blog..which came out very tasty...
This recipe is on its way to