. 1/2 cup Oats
. 2 cups Rice or idli ravva
. 1 cup Urad Daal (white)
. 1 1/2 tblsp Salt
. A pinch of Baking Soda
. Oil for greasing
1) Soak the daal overnight or for atleast 5 hrs hours.
2) Soak idli ravva for 2 hrs.
3) Grind the daal into a smooth paste using very little water.
4) Now remove water from the idli ravva.
5) Mix Ravva, grinded daal and oats to form a batter.
6) Mix salt and set aside in a warm place for 8-9 hours or overnight for fermenting.
7) Idlis are ready to be cooked when the batter is well fermented.
8) Grease the idle holder well and fill each of them with 3/4th full of batter and on top of it sprinkle oats.
9) Steam cook idlis on medium flame for about 10 minutes or until done.
10) Remove the idlis using idli spoon.
Serve smooth Oats idli's with sambhar or chutney...
This is on its way to..